Join the growing team at DataProphet, an award winning, venture backed manufacturing specialist AI company where, through your success you will be able to have a substantial impact upon the company. Our highly qualified A-team is developing and implementing cutting edge AI value-based solutions which have a measurable impact upon our customers in the manufacturing industry.
As recognized by the World Economic Forum and CB Insights in 2020 as one of the Top 100 AI Startups, DataProphet has helped customers around the world, with pre-emptive actions, to reduce their cost of non-quality by an average of 40 percent. We pride ourselves on understanding manufacturing and that real impact is achieved with pre-emptive actions because real-time is often too late.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven and autonomous professional to fill the role of Chief Product Officer (CPO). Supported by Executive Management as well as a world class technical team, you will use your entrepreneurial mindset and deep industry knowledge to take responsibility for managing the product functions of the company. The Chief Product Officer is a strategic leader, visionary collaborator, team supervisor, and an advocate of DataProphet’s technology. The primary goal of the CPO is to lead and facilitate the creation of products that deliver value to both customers and to DataProphet. The CPO is a technologist, innovator, marketer and enabler. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CPO is responsible for all operations associated with new product development, re-design, and enhancement.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Key member of the Executive Management team with a focus on creating breakthrough products that enable realization of the commercial strategy.
- Own the innovation pipeline, partnering with Technical to prioritize value creating ideas and champion the idea to market process.
- Develop a vision and set the strategic direction of the product which aligns with customer needs, business growth, and overall technology strategy.
- Own and drive the whole product lifecycle from design, launch and developing cross functional partnerships.
- Define product requirements and roadmaps including things as feasibility, time, cost, and impact.
- Maintain multiple roadmaps in-line with company vision & strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with Technical , Engineering, Operations, and Marketing teams ensuring efficient and collaborative communications.
- Pursue a deep understanding of user and customer needs through research and data analysis.
- Build, mentor and manage a product team including product managers and nurture a customer-driven product culture.
- Drive scalable processes and innovation around the product development cycle.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure the success products and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate across teams to communicate product strategies with internal stakeholders and adjust priorities according to feedback.
- Manages product life cycles from initial concept stage to end of product life phase.
- Monitors and analyzes performance metrics to determine product performance.
- Researches market trends and maintains current knowledge of market climate.
- Collaborates with other members of the executive management team to align departmental strategy or direction with the overall goals of the organization.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees and builds a pipeline of capability in the product function.
- Drive to create groundbreaking products, and create exponential success as part of a high performing team.
- Customer facing with an engineering/manufacturing background.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and motivate teams across a variety of functional roles.
- The ability to identify customer pain points and in collaboration with the (Chief Technology Officer) CTO translate these into solutions.
- Past track record of recruiting and developing a high performing product team.
- Passionate about the customers and demonstrated experience at building a relationship with them.
- Experience interpreting customer needs and market trends.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading deeply technical product plans and aligning business strategy and technology delivery.
- Proven change agent and a strong strategic thinker.
- Proven track record of clear communications with C-suite stakeholders and across cross-functional teams
- Data-driven method for decision making using KPIs and metrics and the ability to deliver return on investment.
- 10-15 years of experience working in product leadership roles at both major internet players and startups. SaaS and AI experience preferred
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent academic level degree.
- Leadership and collaboration skills.
- Influencing skills (the ability to influence delivery across multiple teams).
- Ability to drive strategic direction.
- Decision-making skills.
- Planning skills.
- Technical expertise.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Why join DataProphet?
We are a small but diverse and very ambitious team who are passionate about what we do and aligned in our vision to create inspiring change in the world around us. We spend our days solving challenging technical problems in manufacturing using cutting edge AI.
Our global team works together through the use of technology which is supported by a culture of consistent communication. It is a professional but supportive and fun environment created to provide a space for everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. As a way of connecting and strengthening relationships, when possible, we come together as a team in Cape Town each year for a strategic planning and team building offsite event.
The spirit of curiosity and continuous learning are in our DNA and we encourage everyone to approach all things in this manner so that we continue to grow and develop both as professionals and individuals.
We’re looking for highly skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today.